- The NCSM’s Children’s Home of Hope provides accommodation for outstation child patients who are undergoing treatment in Kuala Lumpur.
- Established in 1997, at the request of the Paediatric Department, Hospital Kuala Lumpur, this “Home Away From Home” offers children a comfortable place to stay with their caregiver while undergoing cancer treatment at the nearby hospitals. The family will be provided a room with a bed, wardrobe and air conditioning; some rooms have attached bathrooms. The home has a common kitchen, a TV room, a playroom and a washing room equipped with washing machines.
How We Help Our Patients
- By charging a minimal rate, we enable more patients, especially the underprivileged and those from outstation to feel more comfortable and relaxed during their time of treatment, instead of being in a hospital environment all the time.
- Being a non-profit organization, we are highly subsidized by the generous donation and support from the public.
- We are centrally located in Kuala Lumpur. The home is a walking distance for patients and their caregivers to do follow-up treatment at the Paediatric Department of Hospital Kuala Lumpur. It is also easy accessible by taxi or bus.
The Home has a total of 7 rooms:
- Five (5) Standard Rooms which can accommodate 2 to 3 people. Patients can utilize the communal bathroom.
- Two (2) En-Suite Rooms for patients with special needs (e.g. bone marrow transplant). It has an attached bathrooms.
- All rooms are equipped with air-conditioning and families can enjoy the comforts of home including cooking and washing facilities.
- The rate is at RM 10 per day, depending on the length of stay and family welfare.
- The home receives approximately 10-15 patients a month, who stay at varying lengths of time. The average duration of stay is 1 week for general patients, and 4 to 6 weeks for bone marrow patients.
How To Make An Appointment
We only accept children’s cases referred from Paediatric Department of Hospital Kuala Lumpur or any other government hospitals or clinics.
Please bring your:
- IC or Passport
- Referral Letter
Sponsorships for Children’s Home of Hope
The National Cancer Society of Malaysia would like to record its gratitude to corporate sponsors for their generous contributions to the Children’s Home of Hope which enable children diagnosed with cancer to live in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere away from the hospital environment during their treatment
Our Location and Operating Hours
4th Floor, Children’s Home of Hope
No 66, Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz,
50300 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-2698 1676
Fax: +603-2698 2087
Opens 24 hours from Monday to Sunday