WHAT WE DO: Resource Wellness Centre
Our Resource & Wellness Centre is a one-stop information and support centre for cancer patients, survivors, caregivers and families. We help empower individuals fight cancer with ways that will enhance their quality of life. Our range of support services and wellness classes help promote physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
- Counselling & Support
- Our trained counsellors help patients deal with feelings of fear, confusion and related conflicts or problems
- Our peer support groups help patients cope with their cancer through their cancer journey by finding new resources, and welcoming them to a strong support network
- Our peer counselling sessions are carried out in confidentiality. Any newly diagnosed patient, survivor or caregiver can find a support group that they feel comfortable with in our centre
- We offer diet counselling; our dietitian will provide advice on healthy eating pre, during and post treatment as well as guiding patients in choosing suitable alternative nutrition therapies
- Our trained personnel will teach patients on how to use breast prostheses
- We conduct talks and public forums by local and foreign experts on cancer prevention, management, nutrition, overall wellness, exercise and the latest treatments
- Our library is equipped with books and materials related to cancer. Computers with Internet accessibility are also available for use
- Wellness Classes & Activities
- To empower cancer survivors to manage their life better, we regularly carry out activities such as cooking, craft work, dancing, physical fitness and even lifestyle change
change programmes that encourage a sense of confidence
- We provide complimentary therapies that help in stress and pain management. Our trained volunteers are on hand to guide these therapies, which include Chinese Ink Painting, Yoga, Qigong, Reflexology and Far-Infrared (FIR) sauna cabin
How to make an appointment:
To make an appointment with us or to find out more about our Resource Wellness Centre, please call +603-2691 7624 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Location and Operating Hours
The Resource Wellness Centre is located on the first floor of The National Cancer Society building.
Open from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.